Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Short Trip to Bandung Part 1

Everybody (not everybody exactly) was asking where I go during the whole holiday week since I didn’t appear on any contact for a long time. It because I was on a trip to many places out of Jakarta, and you know, the crazy traffic jam happened many times when everyone’s going for a holiday trip too. I couldn’t just use any gadget for not-so-important purposes because I was afraid I would out of batteries. I only brought one power bank, and I had to use it wisely.

The view while on the way~



This holiday was actually the unpredictable one because my dad took us (me, mom, brother) to go somewhere in Bandung before we go to my mom’s hometown in Sumedang. Bandung and Sumedang are both located in West Java, Indonesia, but during the holiday season I felt that the distance becomes very loooong which made me ever stucked for more than 2 hours in the car. Yeah, we spent too much time on the routes. DAT TRAFFIC JAM.


And what I did is…


Ehm, selfie is kinda important these days… LOL

From 5 a.m to 11.00 a.m, finally dad decided to stop in Lembang.

We stayed in Hotel Bumi Makmur Indah. It is located at Jalan Raya Lembang No. 224, Lembang, West Java 40391. This hotel is near across Hotel Pesona Bamboe and Pertapaan Karmel Lembang (Gua Maria). For more information you can check the website on www.hotelbmilembang.com or on google to see any review about the hotel.

Hotel Bumi Makmur Indah

I think this is good enough for a recommended but cheap place to stay over, especially if you are enjoying holiday with a big family or friends in a big group because…

I didn’t take any good picture of how the room looked like because I was too tired and dazed but yes, the room which I was in consisted of 1 king-sized bed, 2 queen-sized bed, a television and a bathroom with hot water shower. It can fit 4-5 people once in a room. FYI, dad didn’t want to tell me the room type and the service charge. Bleh.

Oh yea that was my brother. Hi.


This was exactly what the bed looked like, not bad tho
Source

After we put some stuff at the hotel, we rested for a while, then dad drove us to the Floating Market (which will be posted on part 2) for lunch, and then we went to Karmel.

Pertapaan Karmel Lembang is a religious complex which is comprised of Kapel (Chapel) Santa Maria Fatima dari Gunung Karmel or it is known as Gereja (Church) Karmel Lembang, Gua (Grotto) Maria Karmel and Station of the Cross (Jalan Salib). If you’re a catholic, then this is a great place for doing penance. Unfortunately I didn’t even take any single picture since there was a warning for not taking photo as it was not a recreation area, so I put down my camera.


Afterwards, we had a dinner in a Chinese food restaurant which was rather expensive, but it deserved to get the price for the great taste. Again, I took no picture because we had been so hungry and you know what’s next lol.


I’m sorry I couldn’t explain more about these places since we just stopped by for a night.

PS: I’m sorry for not representing myself as a CorpGoth because I keep all my Gothic stuff at home. I didn’t have much time to paint my nails black and match a bat necklace with any dress.

(To be continue to The Travelling Goth: Short Trip to Bandung Part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and questions. Thank you so much :-)